Friday, March 30, 2012

A Family of Fourteen

And the Grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant with faith and love which are in Christ.
1 Timothy 1:14

Four years ago, I had a huge family of both family and friends, but my immediate family - well there were four of us.  Tripp, Holly, Jenna, and me.  My three children were always a huge source of pride for me - even when they tried me in my young age as a mother, They were always my pride.  In the past four years we have grown.  We are now a family of fourteen.  From 4 to 14 in less than 4 years! 

In October 2008, Tripp married Nikki and we grew in love from 4 to 5.  Nikki is the answer to the prayer that I had that my son find his perfect bride.  If I had chosen her myself, there would be no better. 

In May of 2009, Holly married Andrew and we grew to 6.  Andrew is the tall guy in our family.  He is a wonderful husband to my daughter and a loving father to my grandsons (who you will hear about later in this post).

About the time that Holly brought Andrew into the family, my Lamar came into my life.  Lamar took my heart by surprise. I wasn't looking to fall in love, but I just couldn't help myself. He is a good man and came into my life at just the right time. I adore him!

In November of 2009, Lamar introduced me to his son, Brad and Brad's bride Marian.  What a joy those two have been in my life.  At the same time, their three beautiful little girls captured my heart.  And in short time, my family grew from 6 to 12.  And my heart grew to hold all of the love that come with them. 

Marea, Kieran, and Leah are the pride of their Paw Paw Lamar and of me.  Marea loves animals and bugs and lizards and thinks I should too.  She also is quite a little artist - I choose to share that interest rather than the bugs and lizards.  Kieran likes paper money and fancy clothes.  (Don't tell me she is not my granddaughter.)  She will also climb on my lap and sit while Paw Paw reads her a story or we watch a movie.  Leah is the baby - and she keeps up with her big sisters without missing a beat.  Little Miss Independent will be 3 years old in April and doesn't let us forget that her birthday is next.  Paw Paw and I will take her shopping for birthday toys in 2 weeks.  And then we'll celebrate with her for her big 3 year old birthday.

March of 2011, little baby Levi was born.  (Baby e-bi to the girls).  And we grew to 13.  Levi is 1 year old now and he is Grammy-Lou's little man.  His favorite game is pee pie, followed by chase and pat a cake.  He and I have our special time together when I rock him to sleep and sing him special lullabies with his name in them.  He is my buddy-boy.

And this March, Levi's baby brother, Liam came into my heart and my family grew to 14.  He is a sweet little bundle of cuddly joy.  He stares at me like I'm from Mars when I talk to him, although I have gotten a smile or two out of him.  He loves to stare at my white hair - I have convinced him that it is not hair it is a halo - and at 2 weeks old, he doesn't argue with me. 

Family comes to us in many different ways.  Lamar came to me through God's plan - we are both convinced of that.  Chance had nothing to do with it - it was God's plan.  I had 3 children who I have loved since I carried them just under my heart.  And I have 4 that I got through love.  It's funny how my heart expands to love each one.  And I have 5 beautiful grandchildren - 3 girls and 2 boys.  Each one has a very special place in my heart.  And I love each one the very, very best.  Lamar, Tripp, Nikki, Brad, Marian, Holly, Andrew, Jenna, Marea, Kieran, Leah, Levi, and Liam - each one of you is a very special blessing in my life - and I thank God for each of you every single day.

PS... you are named by age and by couple - so don't try to tell me that I listed by favorite - you are all - each and every one my favorite!!!!!

Lord, what in the world have I done to deserve such love?  What have I done to deserve such blessings?  Thank you for family and friends who surround me.  Lord help me to be the best I can be every day and never forget to let my loved ones know how I feel about them.  Thank you for my growing family - and, by the way, Lord - Lamar and I will take all that you give us.  Our hearts are good at expanding!  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You've always had a big heart.....not everyone can fill it up...looks like you are doing a FINE job of filling it up and out. Can't think of a more well deserving person for God to BLESS. Keep up the pics and news...Love ya...your oldest bestest friend...Marsha

    ReplyDelete