Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wow! It's Been a While!

Slow me down Lord.  I'm moving too fast.  I can't see my brother as he's passing by. 

I just took a look and realized tht it has been almost 6 months since I wrote anything on this blog... (other than to announce the birth of my grandson).  Life has been busy - and wonderful!  A lot has happened in the past 6 months.  I've had a lot of wonderful experiences and met a lot of wonderful people.  It seems that I sort of loss control of my life in all of the "wonderfulness" and forgot some very basic ideals that I have.  One of them is writing.  I've been writing for the past 6 months - happily writing training manuals - although that's not exactly the ideal that I had in mind!


So, I'm playing catch up this beautiful Saturday morning.  I made a pot of coffee, sat down in my big red chair, turned on some of my favorite music, put my computer on my lap and thought of all the wonderful things that have been happening over the last couple of months and years.  You'll see a few of them posted over the next few weeks (I hope).  I love my life - but I need to get a little control of it.  I'm so busy experiencing the joy of my blessings that I think I have forgotten to say appropriate thanks for them.  And that is not good - not good at all!  So, here's my attempt!  And I must say, it feels very good to use the gift that God gave me and write creatively again!

Thank you, Lord, for all of the blessings in my life.  Thank you for not forgetting me when I forget you.  Thank you, Lord, for not withholding your blessings even when I withhold my thanks and my sharing of the gifts that you give me.  Lord, I know that I am nothing without you.  I'm sorry that I forget to tell you that sometimes.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment